Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Five Things I'm Grateful For Today (Because Gratitude Is Important)
1. God's Word. The Bible is filled with so much wisdom and comfort. I can look at it anytime that I want. I can read what Jesus has to say. I can read stories of people who lived so long ago, and yet, who are so much like me. The Bible is something I often take for granted, but it is a way for God to speak to me. And I want to be more grateful for it.
2. My Family. I wouldn't be who I am without them. My ten nieces and nephews mean the world to me. I am grateful for my family.
3. Writing. I enjoy all kinds of writing, and especially novel writing with Emily. It has been a blessing to see No Longer Broken published.
4. My Country. The United States of America is a great place to be. We have freedom here that others do not, and I am grateful for the freedom to pursue my dreams.
5. Food. It's a basic. It's something that I don't think to be grateful for often. But there are people who are hungry, and I am grateful for to have all of the food that I need, and to be able to cook and bake and play around with it, too.
What are you grateful for today?
By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken