Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Favorite Authors - James Scott Bell Writes Complex Thrillers


I have been a long-time fan of James Scott Bell. He writes books that are well thought out. They keep me guessing but all make sense in the end. The main characters draw you in immediately and get you feeling for them, and I love all of the minor characters that he throws into the books, and how the settings seem so real. I can still look back on a book that I read of his years ago and remember different scenes from it and what the characters did and said. His books are memorable, and he is an author who inspires me.

If you love thrillers, then you will appreciate James Scott Bell's writing. He has written many great suspense/legal thriller novels. Each of the novels that I've read by him have held my interest and kept me turning page after page without wanting to put the book down. He has long been one of my favorite authors, and I know that you will love his writing, too, if you read one of his books.

Try Dying was the first book I read by him. It's about a lawyer who's fiancee is murdered. And, despite the dark theme, it is humorous, too. It's a well written novel, and I loved everything about it and the sequels that followed.

The Whole Truth was another book that I read by him and thoroughly enjoyed. It is about a man who's brother was kidnapped when he was young. It tells an interesting story, and I have read it more than once. Breach of Promise is another book that kept me turning the pages, and it is about a father trying to keep custody of his young daughter.

All of James Scott Bell's books are worth a read. He really knows what he is doing, and he has even written books on how to become a better writer. He is an inspiration to me as a writer, and I look forward to rereading a few of his novels soon.

Start with Try Dying, like I did, and you will get hooked!

Thanks, James Scott Bell, for writing great books!


Stay tuned for more Favorite Author blogs coming up soon!

By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment