Tuesday, February 7, 2017

We Can't Earn Our Way Into Heaven.


It's not up to us to earn our way into Heaven.

It's not good works that are going to get us there.

How could we believe that anything that we could do would be good enough to earn God's love? To earn a place in his Kingdom?

He doesn't give up on us when we disobey him. He loves us.

He doesn't give us grace because we are good enough or because we deserve it. He gives us his grace and salvation because he is perfect.

God is perfect.

He doesn't expect us to be perfect.

He doesn't ask us to do good things to earn his love.

He loves us always.

We are blessed by his love always.

There is nothing that we could do that would separate us from his love.

God is there for us.

He saved me because he wanted to. Not because I am good enough.

He loved me because he created me and wanted me. Not because I am worthy of his love.

We can't earn our way into Heaven. Only God's grace and mercy will get us there.

He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. 
Titus 3:5


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment