Tuesday, November 28, 2017

My God is a God of Second Chances


My God is a God of Second Chances. If I didn't believe that, then there would be no point in life. I mess up. I make mistakes. I'm human. If God didn't give me a second, third, fourth, hundredth chance, I would have no hope.

My God is a God of Grace. He sent his son to die for my sins and doesn't expect anything in return. Nothing we could do would be good enough for him. We don't deserve his grace. That's the point of grace.

My God is a God of Justice. There is such a place as Hell. It is real. Because sin is real. And when anyone chooses to ignore their sin, to ignore God's great gift of life, there are consequences. Hell is real, but so is Heaven.

My God is a God of Mercy. He sees us and knows us. He knows our flaws. He knows how messed up our lives are. He knows it, and yet he chooses to forgive us. He could easily turn us away. He could say that one mistake was too many. He could give up on us because we will never be good enough for him. But he doesn't. If we choose to come to him, then he will show us his mercy.

My God is a Good Shepherd. A good shepherd looks after his sheep. He makes sure that they are cared for and protected. God loves us. He wants what is best for us. He will be with us always. He will take care of us always.

My God is a God of Love. It is never too late to turn to him. He loves us, his creation. He tells us over and over again in the Bible that he loves us. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17

Never doubt the power, the love, the mercy, and grace, of our God. He is a God of second chances. He is a Good Shepherd. He is an Amazing God.


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment