Monday, November 20, 2017

What Does The Bible Say About Thankfulness?


With Thanksgiving coming up this week I thought I would explore this subject a bit.

Giving thanks: what does the Bible have to say about it?

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

The Bible tells us to give thanks in all circumstances. It shouldn't just be at Thanksgiving that we are thankful, but every day. In every situation.

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1

God has given us so much. We should praise him and thank him for all that he has done.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

God's love endures forever. He is amazing. He is wonderful. And we should thank him at all times, during Thanksgiving and this time of year and otherwise.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful for all that you have this week and always!


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment