Tuesday, August 14, 2018

He Provides Rest


Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. 
Psalm 62:8

God wants us to feel peace.

He wants us to feel secure.

He wants us to trust that he knows what is right better than us. He wants us to know that he will take care of us. That he will be with us through everything that we face.

I struggle with trusting him. I want to do things on my own. I let fear take over, and I worry about everything from the small things to the big things.

But God has it all under control.

He has it all.

Nothing I could do on my own could make things better. Worrying will never fix my problems and fears.

But he will.

My God loves me, and he will take care of me. He will give me peace and refuge when I trust in him. He will provide for all of my needs and give me rest.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment