Tuesday, August 21, 2018

I Used To Dream Of Other Things


I was looking back at my social media page yesterday, reading posts from years ago. It is easy to see that I was a different person back then. I had different goals and dreams. I never could have imagined that my life would turn out like it has.

I used to dream of owning a bakery. I thought that baking was going to be my career.

And, while I still love baking, that is far from the truth. My dreams and goals have changed. I have fully embraced writing. It is my main passion.

I never could have dreamed back when I was a teenager that I would actually become a published author, or that that would happen when I was only 21. I am so grateful to be published, and although being a writer isn't easy, I am excited about my career. I enjoy writing. I have a passion for telling stories.

In one of my old posts, I mentioned how you can be different people when you write. And I still enjoy that about writing.

In my stories, I can be a baker or anything else that I want to be. But, in real life, I am happy with where I am.

I know that my life will continue to change as the years pass by. What I think will happen in the future will probably never come to be, not like I imagine it, anyway.

But I am okay with that. Because I know that God holds the future and he holds me.

...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment