Tuesday, October 9, 2018

God's Grace Makes The Difference


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Sometimes we get caught up in thinking about what God expects of us. Sometimes we feel that we are not enough. We feel like we should be doing more.

I get convinced that it’s all up to me. That I have to be good enough. That God could never love me if I’m not. And that’s not true.

God wants us to love and serve others. He wants us to live out our faith. But that does not mean that we need to become obsessed with works or the things we say or do. Forefront in our minds and hearts should always be the fact that Jesus died on the cross for us. That he did that while we were still sinners. That he loves us despite our wrongs.

When we fully feel the grace and love of God we will be more willing to do works. To show love to orphans and widows. To be kind and generous. Because God’s grace will make all of the difference in our attitudes and lives.

But we don't have to do anything to receive God's grace. He offers it as a gift. He loves us and wants to give us eternal life.

God's grace is amazing and I am grateful for it. I'm glad that I don't have to earn into Heaven because I know I would never be good enough on my own. Only Jesus's death on the cross is powerful enough to take away my sins and make me new. And I am so grateful to him for giving me the gift of grace and salvation.

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved.Ephesians 2:4-5


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment