Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Strengthen My Faith


The disciples and prophets through the ages faced persecution. They were tortured and killed for their faith. They were mocked and made to be outcasts. But they were doing what was right. They were following God’s plan. They were allowing him to work through them.

When I read stories of the horrible things that happened to some of the believers in the Bible I don’t know how they endured it. When Peter and John were put into jail without doing anything wrong, how did they feel? Were they angry, or was their faith so strong that they knew God would rescue them?

It is a beautiful thing to see faith so strong that fear is dead. I long to have faith like that. And yet, I feel far from it.

He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you."
Matthew 17:20

I want to have faith like a mustard seed. I want to believe that God will be with me no matter what I face. I want to live for him in a deep and true and beautiful way. And I pray that I will grow stronger in my faith every day.


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

1 comment:

  1. I like how you worded it: It is a beautiful thing to see faith so strong that fear is dead. Makes me think of the persecuted Christians around the world.

    ReplyDelete