Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Whom Shall I Fear?


Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
Psalm 23:4

Every step we take, he is with us. Dark thoughts cloud my mind at times. I get caught up in what is to come and it scares me. I don’t always feel that I can trust God. But then I remind myself that no matter what comes, he will be by my side.

God isn’t going to make life here on earth perfect. He isn’t going to protect me from every bad thing. But he is going to hold me. He is going to walk me through it. And I can trust him to give me strength.

I need to take this life step by step, day by day. I need to trust in God’s plan and timing. I need to do my part, and I need to rest assured that I am doing enough. I need to know that God is with me and that I have nothing to fear. My God is a great God, and I should never be afraid.

The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? 
Psalm 27:1


By Bethany Acker, Co-Author of No Longer Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment